Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mother's Day Gift Making and Breast Cancer Awareness



 

Mother's Day Gift Making and Breast Cancer Awareness

An unlikely combination? No way!

For those of you who don't know, I have a small home business making organic baby blankets.
Today, while sitting and sewing this Blue Panda Baby Blanket my mind wandered to Mother's Day and inspirations struck!

I wanted to make a gift for my mother (and mother-in-law) that would be meaningful to them. I want them both to feel pampered and loved everyday - not just on Mother's Day. I also know that the gift that would mean the most to them would be one that would give back to the larger community. So, I decided to make a Breast Cancer Awareness Organic Washcloth Gift Set! I have a beautiful, plush, organic terrycloth fabric that I have been holding onto - waiting for a special project. This is perfect!

Not only am I going to make a set of these organic washcloths for my mom and mom-in-law, I am going to add them to my offerings on my Etsy and Artfire Stores so that others can do the same!

I will be donating 20% of the purchase price ($18) to "Susan G. Komen for the Cure". Each purchase will contribute to research to help find a cure for breast cancer! It feels like a nice way to celebrate my moms and give back at the same time!

Interested in seeing more?
You can check out my work at:
bankiebaby.etsy.com
http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/bankiebaby
bankiebaby.com

No comments:

Post a Comment